Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Robynne and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

bah, today was just not my day. It even started out bad.

I woke up this morning at 9:07 because the phone was ringing. My first thought of the day was "oh s***!" What a great way to start my day. My first class on a Tuesday starts at 9am. The phone was my babysitter wondering if I was home and could I please let her in? General hurry-ing and stressing ensued and I got to the pre-school where I teach at 9:30. Fortunately, I have two hours to teach two 45 minute classes so I fudged it and got out of there by 11 without really shorting either of the classes for time.

On I drove to Corona Del Mar to teach my two classes for the city. Both went fine. It was hot but the kids were sweet and everything was cool. So I packed up my stuff and tossed things into the closet I have there to store stuff in. It was only after I locked and closed the cupboard that I realized I had just locked my keys inside. My car keys, my city keys, my studio keys. Bah. I did manage not to lock my cell phone in so I called city hall and asked them to send someone to open it for me.

30 minutes later someone shows up. Just to give you a timeline, it was now 2:45. I'm supposed to be at the studio by 2:30.

She has a huge keychain full of keys. Every key to every lock in the center. Except for the key to my cupboard. Crap.

So she goes back to city hall to get the key, comes back and opens it for me and voila! I have keys again. It's now 3:35.

I race off to try and get to Santa Ana to teach my class at 4. Luckily I happened to have some crackers in my car otherwise I would have been both pissed and hungry. Hungrier at any rate.

Of course, traffic is awful. I creep down the freeway.

I raced into the studio at 3:59.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home