Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Chicago anyone?

so, my sister and I are thinking about going to Chicago over Labor Day weekend. Why you ask? Well, it started because my parents are going to Vancouver that week (my dad has a trade show and my mom is gonna go with then they'll take a few extra days vacation afterwards) and I was thinking about joining them up there because the flights are pretty cheap. but then, I thought, nah, I don't want to be the third wheel on their vacation so I looked to see if there were cheap flights anywhere else. Then, my sister said she has a four day weekend over Labor Day so we thought, hey, we should go somewhere with the baby!

My sister has this goal of seeing a baseball game in all the ball-parks in the US so she looked up where teams were going to have home games in places she hasn't been to yet. Our cheapest options ended up being Chicago, Pittsburg and Denver. We both decided that Chicago seemed the best choice by far. Besides, I was pretty sure that I knew people who live in Chicago.

So, the point of telling you all this....anyone know someone I can crash with my sister and my baby in Chicago? Or, does anyone know of a really cheap place to stay?

At the moment I'm impatiently waiting for my sister's room-mate to finish reading her Harry Potter book so I can read it next. It's the newest one. I really hope her room-mate isn't a slow reader. In the mean time I'm re-reading some of my comfort books. I love to sit outside in my backyard with my feet up and keep an eye on the baby playing with her red car while I read. The nice thing about comfort books is that I already know the jist of the story so I can keep an eye on the baby without missing out on the book. It makes multi-tasking easier.

I went back to work this week. It's been crazy busy. I'm working less hours in the summer but they're all back to back now. Instead of having a 2-3 hour lunch, I get the the 20 minutes it takes me to drive from one studio to the next. But I start later and finish earlier so the jury is still out on whether the new schedule is better or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home