Thursday, July 14, 2005

back to work

well, the recital is over, the wedding is over, the baby's birthday party is over. All of my crazy busyness over the last two months is over. I've been reveling in my vacation the last three weeks. I didn't go anywhere or do anything exciting but I did get to play with the baby all day long and read some books and putz around the house. It was nice.

But I'm glad to go back to work, I did miss it. Besides, I always start feeling guily about being lazy after a week or so. I've been teaching just a class or two a day this week which helped get me back into the swing of things. I have the best schedule ever.

I'm going to an R.A.D. teachers workshop on sat. It's titled "Look, See, Observe and Reflect." I'm assuming we're gong to look, see, observe (aren't they all the same things?) and reflect. I'm looking forward to it. I think that one or two of the girls from my studio may be demonstrating but I'll find out on Sat. I hope at least one is, it would be nice to know if I'm seeing the same things in them as other teachers.

My boss said something pretty cool to me the other week. She told me that she thinks I have the makings of an excellent teacher. Right now I'm good, but I could be even better. She's offered to kinda give me my own privtae teaching course. The RAD has one but it's really expensive and the kinks haven't been worked out of the new syllabus. Maybe in a couple of years I'll think about it. Fortunately for me, I've already passed all the dancing exams I need to qualify. I think this coming fall I'm going to be teaching in the evenings a little less and sitting in on more classes as well as working the desk more. I definately think that I'm being groomed to take over the studio eventually. That's fine with me, I would love to but if I do I'm going to have to marry a wealthy man because I don't think owning a studio pays too well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home