Sunday, June 12, 2005

deep breath in...

phew. It's been a very busy weekend.

Friday was my friend's bridal shower, which as a bridesmais I was helping to host. Yesterday we had out auditions for Nutcracker and toay was the recital for my student in the recreation program. Too bad I'm just getting started.

The bridal shower was fun, albeit boring just like any other bridal shower. They're going to Jamacia for their honeymoon so we had a luau themed shower so at least it was a little less boring that usual. The food was excellent at least. And the decorations were awesome *wink*

Saturday was a verrrrrry long day. I was at work form 8:45am to almost 7pm. Anyone who has ever been around a ballet studio will know that Nutcracker parts are practically the basis for what becomes the studio hierarchy for the eyar. Who gets to be Clara being one of those all-important questions. This year we're also having a lot of competition over who gets to be Fritz as well. Fortunately none of us teachers are picking those parts. The choreographer will pick those in August when we start rehearsals. It's like life and death to some of the girls. I'm not sure I like being responsible for all this....

My little recital went really well. The kids did a great job, even if a lot of them just spaced out and stood there looking cute and lost. My boss told me I did a great job so I'm happy. I was pretty proud of my students. I got two beautiful bouquets from some students so, all in all, I'm satisfied.

This week we start all of our technical rehearsals so I'll have to put my grown-up, in charge face on. But in two weeks it will all be over and I'll have two weeks off to play and rest and finally put together the furniture that I got for my birthday...it's been sitting in my room waiting to be put together for almost a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home