Wednesday, February 09, 2005

when it rains, it pours....

Well, my parents are in the Bahams this week which means that I get to run around all week getting the baby to and from her various babysitters. Yay. On top of that, she's got pink eye and an acute middle ear infection. Double Yay. I'm also still sick. My ears are killing me, as is my throat.

Because I'm feeling so frazzled and worn out, I asked my boss if it would be ok for me to take Friday afternoon off. I don't teach any classes Friday afternoon, I just answer the phone and stuff. No problem she says. I have no complaints about my boss, seriously.

My phone rings while I'm eating my lunch today. It's my boss. Both the Saturday morning ballet teach at the city and our hip-hop teacher at the studio are informing us that they have other commiments for this coming Sat and Monday (respectively). Great. But no, it's ok we get it sorted out.

My phone rings while I'm teaching class this evening. It's our Friday afternoon hip-hop teacher at the city (different hip-hop teacher). She's asking if I can teach her classes this Friday, she's got a work thing that's come up. Great. I told her no. I'm taking my afternoon off if it kills me. There's been clean laundry sitting on my floor since Sunday because I haven't had the time or energy to fold it and put it away.

How is it that three teachers all flake on us in one week? Was there a memo that I missed? They're all great teachers and teach geat classes, but geez it's annoying to ahve them flake out on us all the time. Even more so for me since I'm the resident sub for every and all classes that need a teacher. I love the hours, but I'm burning out.

On a totally different note: if you haven't checked out my best friend's blog, teachertraveler, you should. There's pictures of hawt Ukrainian women in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home