Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. It is absolutely my favorite holiday. I love the lights, I love the carols (real carols, not cheesy holiday music), I love the food, I love catching up with people and getting Christmas cards in the mail. I love it all. This year was even better because for once I actually had the money to spend on people like I wanted to and I had the baby to spoil.

Between my parents and I the baby has enough clothes to last three weeks without doing laundry (YAY!), tons of books, an exersaucer, a little couch-thingy, a dog made out of big wooden beads that she's constantly chewing on and a three foot lion. I'm naming the lion Aslan. It's gorgeous. Big enough that I could confortably lean against it to read a good book and it has the most gentle, peaceful face. Heck, if she doesn't love it I will!

I mostly got clothes, which was good because I need them. My mom got me a beautiful leather jacket which I love to bits and my little brother got me volume 2 of Invader Zim on DVD. It's awesome but totally makes me miss Daniel :(

One downer is that I've been sick for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I haven't felt really ill for about two weeks, but I'm all congested and can't shake this terrible cough I've got and now my mom is sick too. I was hoping that having two weeks to rest would help but I feel like I'm just getting worse so I end up going to the doctor sometime this week.

One of my best friends sang my favorite carol in church tonight...I get shivers every time.....

O Holy night,
The stars are brightly shining.
This is the night of our dear saviour's birth.
Long lay the world
In sin and error pining,
'Till he apeared
And the soul felt it's worth.

A thrill of hope,
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks the new and glorious morn.
(cue shivers)
Fall on your knees,
'O hear the angel voices.
'O night divine,
'O night, when Christ was born.
'O night, divine,
'O night, 'O night divine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home