Tuesday, December 28, 2004

finished

I started this awhile ago....it felt finished at the time. Life's changed since then, I've changed since then, now it feels finished. It still needs a title though.

I try to put my feet down
But the waves come too fast
And the sand shifts.
Suddenly I’m drowning,
I can’t stand

You were everything I wanted.
You were everything I needed.
But I closed my eyes too tight,
And now I’m miles from where I want to be.

Unreachable, taunting.
Perfection runs from me,
Leaving me stripped.
Stranger with an offer,
I can’t refuse.

You offered everything I wanted.
You offered everything I needed.
But I closed my eyes too tight,
And now I’m a thousand miles from where I want to be.

Surrender, I give up.
Every choice to walk forward
Only leaves me shaking.
As I slip beneath,
Waves crash overhead.

I gave up everything I wanted.
Gave up everything I needed.
I closed my eyes so tight,
And now I don’t know where I want to be.

Take one step, another.
Each one makes the next
Come easier.
The tide is flowing
I can breathe.

I see new things that I’m wanting.
I see new things that I’m needing.
My eyes are opened wide,
Suddenly I’m inches from where I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home