Saturday, February 26, 2005

ew

We have termites. Not just any termites. We have these; subterranean termites. They live under the house most of the time but then, in lemming like fashion, they all decide to swarm. So up they come through a crack in our kitvhen/living room floor and head towards a source of light. This would be our sliding glass door leasding out to the backyard.

Guess who found them? Oh yes, that would be me. I went to go outside and nearly puked when I saw that the floor was literally crawling with them. Guess who else found them? Oh yes, the baby. While I was vacuuming the termites up I discovered a wing on her lip. They do say it's a good source of protein.

Oh yeah, the wings. They fall off and then they look like big ants and there's all these wings on the ground that look like dried rice. Yum.

Fortunately we got the exterminators to come out and take care of it. They don't tent the house for these kind because it wouldn't do any good, they live undergroud. They drill these little plug things into the ground around the house and a couple right near where they were coming out. The plugs have this sterilizing stuff in them that gets on the outside of the termites who then take it back to the colony and spread it around and then they all die off.

On another note, the a/c in my car has not been working since November, but I didn't bother with getting it looked at until this week because A) I'm lazy and B) it's winter. I took in on Wednesday and they informed it will take between $900-$1900 to fix it, depending on if I want to replace it with the new model or the old model. Ouch. My car isn't even worth that much money. Soooooo....since it is still technically my parents car, they're going to take it for my brother to drive and I'm going to take over the payments on my mom's car (there's about $7000 left to pay on it) and my mom is going to get a new car.

Anyone who knows me knows that this is a very happy solution for me. I LOVE my mom's car. It's a 2002 MAzda Protege5. It's the perfect mommy car without being a soccer mom car. I figure if I'm going to sink that much into a car, it might as well be a newer one that won't keep making me sink money into it while it slowly dies on me. I would probably have spent at least that much keeping my old car running, this way I get an awesome new car out of the deal. Now I just have to be patient until my parents get my mom her new car. Patience is not my forte.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ankabout said...

Guess who?!?!? Yes yes, I'm alliiive! Termites are gross btw! Hmm termite-cookies!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home