Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Disco inferno!

So the fires moved away from my house and we never had to evacuate. None of us really got any sleep on Sun but life is getting back to normal. The fires are still raging but have mostly moved away from us. At this point we've unpacked out clothes but the really important documents and photo albums are still in our cars.

Now that the winds are starting to die down, the ash and smoke have gotten worse. This morning my car looked like it was covered in snow. But better ash than having to evacuate.

It amazed me when I was packing. There was so much I was willing to lose. In the crunch, most of it was just stuff. I would be sad to lose my books, my mementos, gifts from special people, but in the end it's not the stuff you save but the life you live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home