Sunday, April 03, 2005

musings

I was watching edTV this morning (it's amazing the awful cheesey movies they play on Sunday mornings) and one of the characters said something half-way interesting. I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of, "I'm a coroner. Ask me what's wrong after a relationship has ended and I can pinpoint the cause of death. But in them, I'm lost."

It's been over a year since I last spoke to Molly's father. I look back now and I can see just how much he manipulated me. It's scary now, actually. I can see how he alienated me from my friends, my support group in Oklahoma. It started with Daniel, then my roommate, then anyone in general. He was starting on my family when things between us finally ended. I'm so thankful that something in my head turned back on when he started subtley trying to alienate me from my family. I can only imagine the horror and mess my life would have become if I stayed with him. *shudder* It's a Lifetime movie of a nightmare.

Thank you Daniel for not giving up on me and for convincing me to come home. I owe you my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home