Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Old friends

Melissa and I used to dance together. We met when I was in 6th grade and she was in 8th at our dance studio. We were best friends from the time I was in 7/8th grade to about my sophmore year in high school. Then she had to move about 4 hours from here and we just kinda grew apart. We still saw each other occasionally, every few months, then every few years. The last time I saw her was when I came home the summer of my sophmore year of college, so roughly three years ago.

When I was sending out the baby's birth announcements I randomly decided to send her and her mom one since I knew they still lived at the same place they had for years. She called me this weekend wanting to come see the baby and catch up. Melissa came over on Sunday night and we ended up chatting for hours. It was like we hadn't just spent the last 6 years barely speaking. We ended up going to lunch on Monday and she's taking one of the ballet classes I teach on Monday nights.

Same thing has happened with the girl who I was best friends with from about birth to 7th grade. Except for the dancing part, she doesn't dance.

Very weird and very cool. I've grow away from friends before, but never been able to pick up with them so quickly again.

By the way...the car is gone again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home