Tuesday, September 07, 2004

who says blogs are useless?

woohoo! I got my super cool cake pan back!!!!!!!

Yay Daniel read my last post and brought my pan with him when he visited me this weekend. I knew I left it somewhere in Oklahoma.

I took baby on her first trip to the zoo on Sunday. We went to the San Diego Zoo. I forgot how big it is! We were there for about 4 hours and barely saw half.

I also saw "What the Bleep Do We Know." Very interesting. Who would have thought that a movie about quantum physics would be interesting? I was pretty fascinated by the one talking head who kept rubbing his fingers together in a very mad-scientist/rob_church kind of way. I couldn't take my eyes off it! Another one kept talking with his teeth together the whole time. I got enthralled watching to see if he would ever speak normally. He didn't.

It all seemed very esoteric and over my head and somewhat beleivable until they showed the credentials of the talking heads at the end. Most of them were very cool, Stanford, Harvard, Yale and whatnot. Except for the cult leader from Washington and the chiropractor. Yes, that's right, a cult leader and a chiropractor talking about quantum physics. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Most of the movie was pretty over my head and not very believable, but they did make one interesting point: Our emotions are triggered/controlled by peptides produced by our brains. The more you feel a certain emotion, the more your brain produces that peptide and the more responsive your body becomes to it. Basically, you become addicted to that emotion and have to get a "high" off it more and more often. I've seen this happen in people I know often eough to give it some credit.

That got me thinking about whether there's any emotion I'm addicted to. Sadly, I can't think of any which leads me to think that I'm addicted to a lack of emotion. I have a really hard time getting myself excited about things and feeling very emotional at all. Aside from when I was pregnant, I have a really hard time recalling instances where I felt very emotional about something. It's not an everyday thing for me. Sometimes it worries me. Am I some unfeeling robot-type person? Should I be more emotional? But then I think about how less stressful my life is because of it and how I have so little drama in my life because of it and I think mthat maybe I'm better off this way. I don't know. Too much quantum physics for me, my brain hurts now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home