Friday, August 06, 2004

I'm a posting machine today!

So my new project is to get my music library updated for when I start teacing again. Anyone with suggestions is my new best friend.

These are my guidelines for picking music:

-it has to be something you can dance to. Fast or slow is not the issue, but this can exclude some rock and alternative songs :(

-the lyrics have to be clean. I teach kids as young as 5 or 6 when it comes to jazz classes so the while they don't have to be kiddie songs, they have to be clean. I refuse to be one of those jazz teachers that has 6 year olds dancing to "Tootsie Roll"

-the kids need to like it, if they don't my job is a whole lot harder.

I already know I'm going to have to buy Britney Spears (bleh) and probably Ashlee Simpson (double bleh) to keep 'em happy. Anyone got any other suggestions?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home